Last June 2014, DFA confirmed that the South Korean government would provide one Landing Craft Utility, 16 Rubber boats, and a Pohang Class Warship.
The Pohang class corvette has two variants:
- Anti-submarine warfare (ASW)- A type of warship which focuses on detecting undersea threats.
- Anti-Surface Warfare (ASuW) – A type of warship which focuses on detecting surface threats such as identifying hostile ship and air threats.
Pohang PCC-759 Corvette Armament:
- 1 x Oto Melara 76mm main gun
- 2x mm 38 Exocet anti-ship missile launches
- 2x Emerlic twin 30mm guns,
- 2x triple Mk 32 ASW torpedo tubes