From navy helicopter, missile capable multipurpose attack craft, to anti submarine helicopter, landing craft utility, sea replenishment vessel, to landing platform dock and frigates. This is an update of Philippine Navy modernization as of 2015.
1. Five AgustaWestland AW109E Power Helicopter
Ordered three helicopters in 2014, the navy added two units later.
2. Three Multi-purpose Attack Craft
These three fast attack craft will be equipped with a remote weapon system with missile firing capability. Allotted budget is 270 million pesos.
3. Two antisubmarine helicopter
Allotted budget is 5.4 billion pesos.
4. One Unit Landing Craft Utility from South Korea
5. Three Replenishment Tanker
In 2014, the Philippine Navy received three tanker ships from the Philippine National Oil Corporation.
6. Two Units Strategic Sealift Vessel
In January 2014, PT PAL Indonesian won the bidding with a bid price offer of 3.8billion pesos
7. Eight Amphibious Assault Vehicle for the Philippine Marines
No other bidder except the Korean Company, Samsung Techwin.
8. Korean Warship – A Pohang Class Corvette
In 2014, the Republic of Korea Government affirmed to the Philippines to give its Pohang Class corvette.
9. Procurement of Two Frigates
After failed negotiation of Italian Maestrale class Anti-Submarine Frigates (ASW) transfer, the government then allotted 18 billion pesos for the procurement of two brand new frigates.
Will update this post sooner.